Dec 13, 2011

Masquerade (Heven and Hell, #1) by Cambria Hebert

I never thought it'd be so hard to write a review about a book I loved, but here I am, not knowing what to say about this fabulous book...

Ok, let's take it one step at a time. 

The story: 
Masquerade is the first book of the Heven and Hell series. Heven is a teenage girl who after a terrible attack she can't remember got disfigured. Her life had changed completely after that, she lost everything, her friends, her selfconfidence, her life. But after a new boy arrives at her school everything is about to change once more. Sam is everything any girl would ever hope for, or at least that what it seems like. He has a terrible secret and he seems to know more about Heven's accident that even she does.

The characters:
I loved Sam. Through out the whole book he was my favourite of them all. Always protecting and loving Heven, but still always feeling like he was evil deep inside. Perfect boyfriend material from any point of you. And I loved seeing everything through his eyes. His PoV was my favourite. 
Heven is the actual main character but although I loved her and felt sorry for her she wasn't my fav. I didn't like seeing her not feeling comfortable in her own skin, but after thinking about it I realized that she was the most normal person in the whole book. Exactly like a real life person. She has her own fears and insecurities and she grows the most as a character. I really started liking her new self at the end of the book. I think I am going to love her even more on book two. 
All the other characters where great too. Kimber and Cole, Heven's cuckoo mum, her granmother, they were all very unique and interesting characters. Yeah, even Heven's cuckoo mum. 

The writing was adorable. Cambria is a really great writer and you can get captivated by every single word. 

I especially loved the last few chapters. They are setting the mood for the next book, which I am sure I am going to love because of where it'll take place. No spoilers, but I am also going there this March! :)

5 comments:

  1. I am just too excited for it! Great Review:D


    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book! Thank you for posting the review. I think we can expect great things from Cambria.

    Belinda Buchanan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I definitely know that feeling. But I do love it when a book is so good you don't know how to express the awesomeness of it! I'm so curious. Just picked up the prequel and will give it a try :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Awesome review as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I will have to put this on my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete