May 20, 2012

Charade (Heven and Hell, #2) by Cambria Hebert

In the second book of the Heven and Hell series, Sam and Heven are faced with the aftermath of getting the scroll and are burdened by their mission to return it to Rome. Heven is getting attacked by demons after the scroll almost everyday and Sam is trying to figure out what's wrong with his brother, Logan, who just found him. A lot of new characters are intoduced, fallen angels, witches, a dragon and quite a few more demons. From the catacombs of Rome to the darkest places of Hell, this book really has it all.

For me the story was a little bit slower than I expected at the beginning. But I was really looking forward to their Rome trip, which didn't last as much as I wanted it too. But once they were in Rome and even after they came back the pace was so much faster. A lot of things when on in this book. Surprising revelations, new friends and enemies, and of course a lot of twists and turns, some of them expected and some of them not.

What I loved about this book, surprisingly enough, was Heven. Reading the first book I was a huge fan of Sam and simply liked Heven, but now... now I love Heven. She is becoming a great person. Strong, confident, selfless. She knows what's right and does it even if she doesn't really want to. She pushes herself to be the person she wants to be and it's working. I think there is so much more potential in her and we will probably see that in the next book.

★★★★☆

book 24             book 21

book 3

No comments:

Post a Comment