Aug 8, 2012

Bout of Books 5.0 Read-a-thon

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
~From the Bout of Books 5.0 Team 

Challenges/Giveaways
Monday 8/13
Literary BFFs: Auggie Talk

Tuesday 8/14
Character Interaction: Once Upon a Time

Wednesday 8/15
Book Word Search: The Musings of ALMYBNENR
Match the Zombie Book Cover: The Busy Bibliophile

Thursday 8/16
A Book for Every Season: Reading in Winter
Candy Challenge: BookSmartie
Contemporary: Books with Cass

Friday 8/17
Book Spine Poetry: bookgoonie
Most Looking Forward To: Pages of Forbidden Love

Saturday 8/18
Page 99 Test: My Seryniti
Virtual Travels: Ex Libris

Sunday 8/19
Movie Cast: Pretty Deadly Reviews

Twitter Chats
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion 
***
Monday: 1pm CST (TZC)
Wednesday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)

My Goals/TBR List
My Goals for this Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is to surpass last read-a-thons results. In the last one I read 3 books and the total of 871 pages. Now in this one I want to read at least 4 books and hopefully 1000 pages. Also I will be participating in the challanges daily and visiting other bloggers' boutofbooks updates.

The Books to pick from:


Updates
8/13
Which of the books I’ve read from today:
Beter Late Than Never
Number of pages I've read today: 150
Total number of books I’ve finished: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 150
Reviews: -

8/14
Which of the books I’ve read from today:
Better Late Then Never, Here Today Gone Tomorrow
Number of pages I've read today: 246
Total number of books I’ve finished: 1
Total number of pages I've read: 396
Reviews: Better Late Then Never

8/15
Which of the books I’ve read from today: Here Today Gone Tomorrow, Blackwood
Number of pages I've read today: 114
Total number of books I’ve finished: 2
Total number of pages I've read: 510
Reviews: Better Late Then Never, Here Today Gone Tomorrow

8/16
Which of the books I’ve read from today: Blackwood
Number of pages I've read today: 153
Total number of books I’ve finished: 2
Total number of pages I've read: 663
Reviews: Better Late Then NeverHere Today Gone Tomorrow

8/17
Which of the books I’ve read from today: Blackwood
Number of pages I've read today: 46
Total number of books I’ve finished: 2
Total number of pages I've read: 709
Reviews: Better Late Then NeverHere Today Gone Tomorrow

8/18
Which of the books I’ve read from today: Blackwood
Number of pages I've read today: 154
Total number of books I’ve finished: 3
Total number of pages I've read: 863
Reviews: Better Late Then NeverHere Today Gone Tomorrow, Blackwood

8/19
Which of the books I’ve read from today:
Number of pages I've read today:
Total number of books I’ve finished:
Total number of pages I've read:
Reviews:

18 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Girl of Nightmares! Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the books you picked. I agree The Girl of Nightmares cover is great. I hope you meet your goals and have a good week!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals and enjoy your books. Love the Girl of Nightmares cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all your goals! :)

    Tabby @Insightful Minds
    Check out my - Bout of Books Goals (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/08/2012

    I'm hoping to read Girl of Nightmares too, if it comes from the Library on time. 1000 is a great goal! You have a good selection of books too :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish Cmcould really particpate in one of these but
    i just don't have the time. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! There are some really awesome covers here. Good luck on your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/09/2012

    You've got some great looking books there! Look forward to seeing what you think of them! Good luck for bout of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Storm looks like it should be a show! Just, that cover! Girl of nightmares looks creepy but awesome at the same time.

    I just wanted to add that I LOVE your blog layout. Super pretty header!

    My Bout of Books Goals

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your goals. I haven't read any of the books on your list either. My TBR pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger... LOL! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of the books on your list!! Some I haven't even heard of!! Here is mine: Bout of Books

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey i'm doing the read a thon too :). And i'm already following you but I just saw that I don't follow you on twitter so now it's done ^^.
    That's a great list of books. Well I haven't read any of them execept for Storm. I've read Storm last month but I was disappointed :/. I hope you'll like more than me !
    Happy reading and Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read Storm! I still need to read Anna Dressed in Blood too, but I love the cover for Girl of Nightmares. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some great books on your list! :)
    Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pile of books. My daughter loves the Gifted series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also have SIlver of my read-a-thon goals post, let's see if I can get to it!

    Good luck with your goals of reading 1000 pages =D

    Here's my Bout of Books post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky! You get to read Girl of Nightmare! I hope you love it =)

    Good Luck!
    -Becky
    http://bookbitereviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/bout-of-books-read-thon-goalsupdates.html

    ReplyDelete