Jan 24, 2013

Eve Eden vs. the Zombie Horde (Bedeviled #1) by Suz Korb

Let me begin by saying I had high expectations from this book and who wouldn't. Great title and blurb. I hoped it be funny, action packed and basically filled with zombies. And in some parts it was.

This is not your typical ya book. From the very beginning till the end a million things happen. Eve gets abducted by a vampire, then she goes through hell, literally, and then faces a zombie horde. I loved the fact that the book didn't slow down at all. But even though all these things happen they seem a bit random and confusing. Especially the hell part, it reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, where everything was so random and weird, just with burning souls and stuff. And through all this action parts we didn't really get to know the characters that well. Not even Eve. And it's a first person narrative.

The one part on which this book didn't let me down was the funny part. There were so many situations that made me laugh out loud. And it made it a very fast and enjoyable read, even though half of the time I had no idea what was going on.
★★★☆☆

book 3

4 comments:

  1. Alice in Wonder-Hell. Funny. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this definitely sounds interesting but i hate when the author doesn't develop the situation very much. Might pass this one. LOVED your review, though, veronica
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.
    Septorinoplasti

    ReplyDelete