Jan 19, 2014

Showcase Sunday #23



Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.
~Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea


Hello everyone! Welcome back to another SS. This past week I've been trying to get back to my old everyday rhythms, after Christmas. I think I have a Christmas hangover and I can't concentrate on anything else right now, which is really bad for work... Anyways, this week I bought some books, won one and also received another two for review. Here are the books.

Physical Books
Daughters of the Moon #1-6: Two huge bind-ups with the first six books in the Daughters of the Moon series. I love books that are about a group of people, not just one main character and these books have a witchy feeling which is always a plus. 
D.Gray-Man vol.1 & vol.3: Two more volumes for my collection. It feels so good re-reading them. I think I might watch the anime again (for the 5th time).

E-Books
Circle of Trust: The first book in the Lines that Bind series. I've been talking to the author for the past few months and finally I have time to review this book. Can't wait to see what it's about. If you go the goodreads page you will see a review saying that there are fake reviews and rates for this book but I know that the people reviewing it are just some of the students of the author who only made a goodreads account in order to review it. Anyways, I decided to see for myself how much I like this book and don't relay on anyone else's opinion.

Masked: The second book in the New World series by Janelle Stalder. There are no words to describe how much I love Janelle's writing. I am always waiting to see what she brings next. Also I loved the first book in the series and the ending was...just...OMG!!! I am immediately starting this one.


SALT: I've been eyeing this one ever since it came out. I've heard some mixed things about it but still it's about witches and I want to give it a try, especially after reading a post from the author saying that the inspiration for SALT came from Supernatural. It seems like Danielle Ellison and I have something in common, we are both huge fans of Supernatural. Anyways, I won this one and can't wait to read it.

That's all for me. Leave me links to your new book hauls in the comments and I'll make sure to stop by.

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about a Christmas hangover. I had 2 weeks off work which is a long time for me and it's been a real struggle trying to get back into things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul, enjoy!
    http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/feeding-my-e-reader-9-and-what-postman.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only had 4 days off for Xmas and I really didn't feel ready to go back to work!
    Bind-ups can be cool to get full series cheaper and not have to wait for another book, but I always feel like I'm missing out on having the individual books!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read the DOTM series!! It sounds amazing. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh Christmas hangovers are horrible. But at least Blue Monday is nearly out of the way now.

    Enjoy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also seen some mixed things for Salt, but a friend on GRs loved it and I value her opinion. Hope you enjoy it along with your other reads! Happy reading and thanks for visiting The Readers Den! :)

    ReplyDelete