Aug 19, 2014

Bout of Books Day 1 Update

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

Updates

I had a great first day for Bout of Books. I managed to read 36 pages of To The Blight, rigth after midnight. Then, I read Four Houses, all 35 pages of it. Then I started Predator & Prey but had to out it down after reading the first 15 pages of it because my boxset of the Death Note manga series arrived. So of course I started reading them. I read the second and thrid volume and then read more than half of the fourth one. So here are all my stats.

Which of the books I read from today: To The Blight, Four Houses, Predator & Prey, Death Note vol.2, Death Note vol.3 and Death Note vol.4
Number of pages I read today: 598
Total number of books I’ve finished: 3
Total number of pages I've read: 598
Comments: Since most of my reading was of manga, I am going to have to update my reading goals to 2000 pages. Other than that, I am really happy with all the reading I done for the first day.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/19/2014

    That is a very nice way to start Bout of Books :). But I gather from your reading speed that Death Note is good?? Good luck the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 598 pages on the first day, that is awesome :)! Good luck with day 2, I hope you get a lot of reading done.

    Bout of books - Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/19/2014

    Wow, 3 books and 598 pages is fantastic! If you keep up that pace it will over 4,000 pages for the week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 books is a great achievement, congratulations! Good luck with your 2000 page goal. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete