Oct 2, 2014

Book Review: Defector (Variants, #2) by Susanne Winnacker


Defector (Variants, #2)
by Susanne Winnacker

Defector is the second book in Tessa's story (and hopefully there will be a next one). This time around there is not big murder mystery for Tessa to solve, instead things take a very different turn.

Tessa is happy with her life after her first mission is over. She is back at FEA headquarters, she and Alec are finally together and she is back with her best friend Holly. But during her second mission Holly gets kidnapped and Tessa knows that they took the wrong person, because they were after her. Everyone believes that the organization behind the attack is Abel's Army, and their leader wants Tessa. But after Tessa finds out the secrets that the people closer to her were keeping from her she decides to take matters in her own hands and leaves FEA to go looking for Holly.

This was a crazy journey. There was no huge mystery to solve this time, but I was really happy to follow Tessa in her mission to save her BFF. I was also really glad with the one helping her along this journey. This is the new couple I am shipping. But as always my one and true love in this series is Tessa. She is an amazing MC. She is struggling with what to follow, her heart or her mind and I am glad that she is usually picking her mind and that the times she follows her heart she realizes that she can't keep doing so.

Finally, I have to say a few words about that ending! OMG! What the F happened. I was on board with Tessa until that very last chapter. Why girl? Why? Still, I am glad she thought it through, even though I don't agree with her decision. I can't wait to see what turn things will take in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment