Jan 15, 2015

Book Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead


Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
by Richelle Mead

Finally, the first review I write for 2015 and it's going to be more of a rant...

Frostbite is the second book in the Vampire Academy series. I was really looking forward to reading it (and the rest of the series). But unfortunately the things that mildly bothered me in the first book were very annoying in this one. My main problem is Rose. She is such a vengeful, pitiful and immature person that is really hard for me to feel for her. She keeps complaining about Lisa not having time for her now that she has a boyfriend, but I am pretty sure she would do the exact same thing if their roles were reversed. Also she keeps saying and doing mean and hurtful things being fully conscious of her actions, which is something unforgivable for me. Also, Lisa was another person whose behavior was bothering me throughout the whole book. She is one of those people who once they get a boyfriend they pretty much don't have time for anyone else and I don't like those people at all.

But even with all its problems, I really enjoy the world Richelle Mead created. And the story is moving along very nicely, taking a very interesting turn. I really want to know what will happen next. But the possibility of me dropping this series will increase if Rose keeps being annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment