Mar 2, 2015

Book Review: Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons, #1) by Sarra Cannon


Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons, #1)
by Sarra Cannon

I've had this book for a while and I don't know what force made me pick it up this time around, but I am glad I did. Beautiful Demons is the beginning of what it looks like a great series, revolving round Harper and her new life in Peachville. Harper always knew she was different. When she is angry she can make things move with her mind. But arriving at Peachville, she finds out she is not the only special girl. A lot of the successful women of the town seem to have similar powers to her. And then there are the Cheerleaders, they are everything a girl dreams to be and then some. Finally, there is the hot neighbor that seems to also have some weird powers of his own. Harper will struggle to find more about who she is and her past, while losing part of her memories in the process.

This books was such a promising start. It was super small but everything that happened had a reason and it also made it action packed. From dead cheerleaders to school confrontations, this book really had it all. The main mystery of this book was answered (who killed the cheerleader), but I had so many more questions by the end of it. I can't wait to learn more about Harper, the other Peachville residents and basically figure out what the hell is going on in this town.

The only problem I had was with the romance. I realize why everything happened so fast, but that doesn't mean I enjoyed it. It felt a bit rushed. But still I am loving this story so much I can overlook this minor misdemeanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment