Oct 6, 2015

Book Review: The Other Life (The Other Life, #1) by Susanne Winnacker


The Other Life (The Other Life, #1)
by Susanne Winnacker


Sherry and her family are in the middle of an apocalypse. For the past 3 years they've been living looked inside their bunker. But food has finally ran out and they have they have to come face to face with the new world, a world were a rabies virus has turned people to beasts (close to zombies). Sherry and her father decide to go out for a food run and they end up been attack by a bunch of Weepers, the infected humans. Sherry's father gets abducted and Sherry is saved by a mysterious guy with a gun a Lincoln, Joshua.

Almost ever since the rabies, Joshua has been living with a group of other survivors in a house called Safe-haven, where they have animals and a vegetable garden. To Sherry is seems like paradise but she still can't get the thoughts of her father out of her mind. So, Joshua and her leave Safe-haven on a crazy hunt for her father.

I really enjoyed this story. It was filled with action, as a good apocalypse story should be, also there were some cute moments between Joshua and Sherry that were adorable and didn't really draw my attention from the main story. The Weepers were very creepy at times and kept my heart racing. I think I wouldn't have made it a day in that world. Also the ending was great. I am so curious to see what will follow.

My only issue was that since being a fan of Winnacker's other series, Variants, I expected more of the characters. Because let me tell you Tessa from Variants is one of my favourite female characters ever. Otherwise this is a great thriller, post apocalyptic book.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, you finished it! Glad you enjoyed it :) I really need to pick up the author's other series AND re-read this one. Book #2 is on my Kindle but it's been ages since I've read this so I don't remember most of the details.

    ReplyDelete